Friday, April 15, 2005

Public Apology, Number 2

Dear IRS,

Perhaps...I spoke...with a smidge of haste. It seems your lovely efile system (and did I mention how smart you were to come up with this concept? you roguishly handsome IRS, you!) has determined that it is not I who owe you money but YOU who owes ME money.

If you could see it in your gracious heart to overlook my creative deductions and bold-faced lies, I would certainly appreciate you forwarding such funds to me in short order (have I mentioned your handsomeness? I mean, goodness, you're just getting better looking every year!).

In gratitude, I will stop publicly supporting a national sales tax and perhaps even send you over a box of donuts to help you through this busy day.

Hugs and kisses,
Floyd

2 comments:

The Macek Collective said...

threaten to put the hurt on 'em if'n they don't pay up by next Friday.

Pixie LaRouge said...

Amazing how they go from asshats to sexy rock gods when it is they who owe us! (Is that even remotely grammatically correct? Hell, I was the English major who makes a living with a pen, and I'm too tired to tell, so I'm betting no one else is going to call me on it anyway, and now I'm rambling on someone else's blog for a change...)

Glad you're getting a check instead of sending a check :)